What is Internet Banking?
What are the benefits of Internet Banking?
Internet Banking is a real-time solution that allows you to access your accounts 24 Hours a day, 7 Days A Week, You may check your balances, view your account statements for your various accounts. You can also transfer money between your accounts, change your password over the internet all in a secure manner.
Is NBC internet banking safe?
Benefits of NBC internet banking are
- Convenient - banking can be performed from the home or office
- Banking is available 24 hours a day, thus extending banking hours
- User friendly
- Transaction records are available on-line and can be printed for proof of payment
- Statements and account information is immediately available making the reconciliation of financial affairs efficient and easy
- Statements can be viewed and downloaded in a number of different formats allowing the customer to accommodate bookkeeping packages
- Customer can load own beneficiaries to assist regular payments
- Customer can select own limits per transaction for the service
The information you provide is kept strictly confidential. Using the latest electronic encryption technology ensures the secure transfer of information over the internet. However remember to keep your credentials (username and passwords) private. Not keeping these private may allow third parties to access your account.
How do I register for Internet Banking?
Which accounts can I access through Internet Banking?
Download the Retail internet banking application form from the NBC website or collect and fill it in at your nearest NBC branch.
How do I access NBC Internet Banking?
You are able to access any of your current and savings accounts. Your are also able to access any of your Term Deposit, Loan, and Islamic accounts.
Note: If you are a first time user, follow the instructions provided with your initial login credentials.
Please follow the instruction below
- Visit Our Website: www.nbctz.com
- Under Internet Banking click Retail user login. You will be presented with a information page.
- Read the security information then click Take Me to NBC Online link. You will be presented with a login page.
- Enter your Username and Password and click submit.
- Enter answer to secret question
What is necessary to consider when using the mailers received by branch?
What is secret questions registration?
First make sure it is SEALED then before using it makes sure the encrypted character contain only one small letter, only one number and the rest of the characters should be Capital letters. If happens you find it different please contact us before using it so that you can be assisted more on how to go through it.
Is it necessary to put all three questions with their answers and is it possible to put the same question and answer to secret questions registration interface?
Secret questions registration is the process of assigning more security in your account by selecting three questions and their respective answers which are CASE SENSITIVE.
How do I ensure that I'm logged into the REAL NBC internet banking website?
YES. It is very necessary to select all three questions with their answers and it NOT possible to use the same questions and answers. Therefore you only need to select three different questions with their respective different answers.
Can anyone else access my accounts?
Make sure that the web address on your internet browser's address bar starts with "https://direct.nbctz.com"
No, nobody can access your account unless you give them your login credentials (Username and password).
What do I do if I forget my username and password?
Go to your nearest branch and request to reset your password.
Payments and Transfers
- Account Summary: Provides a quick high level view of your accounts
- Account Activity: Lets you query account activity. The user manual provides details guidance
- Account Details: The details of current and savings, loan and term deposit accounts are displayed. Current and savings account details include balances, interest amounts and uncleared funds. For Term Deposit accounts, deposit number, tenure, principal, interest particulars, maturity particulars and tax applied are displayed. The loan account details include installment, interest, principal and loan amount particulars.
- Adhoc Statment Request: This option allows you to place a request for a bank statement for a specific period through the Internet. He/she needs to specify the account and the months and year for which the statement is required.
- Uncleared Funds: Uncleared Funds provides details about cheques deposited in the current and savings accounts held by you, which have not yet been cleared. It also displays the details of the cheques that have been returned in the last thirty days.
- Cheque Book Request: You can place a request for a new cheque book by specifying the account number.
- Cheque Status Inuiry: Find out the status of cheques issued from the current and savings accounts held by you using the Cheque Status Inquiry option.
- Stop Cheque Request: You can place a request to stop a previously issued Cheque.
- Payee Maintence
- Transfer Between Your Accounts
- Local Payment Transfer: Allows you to transfer the funds from one of your current and savings account to another customer's account outside the bank. The transfer amount is always specified in the Local account currency.
- View Local Payment Transfer: Displays the local payment transactions you have done
- Add Standing Instruction: Adding an SI mechanizes the process of executing transfers between the current, savings and loan accounts periodically. The bank will automatically execute the transfers as and when specified in the SI.
- Modify Standing Instruction: You can modify the following information for an existing SI: Transfer Amount, SI Execution Frequency, SI Priority, Next Execution Date, Final Execution Date and Narrative.
- View Standing Instruction: This facility embodies a search facility that enables you to search for SIs based on specific criteria.
- Delete Standing Instruction: This facility enables you to delete a redundant SI. You can locate an existing standing instruction by using the search provision. The system will retrieve the existing details of the SI for verification. Upon verification the SI can be deleted.
- Open Term Deposit: Opening a term deposit account entails specifying the account from which funds are to be transferred, the deposit amount, deposit period, maturity instructions for interest and principal.
- Term Deposit Details: This facility enables you to view TD details.
- View Term Deposit Payout Instructions: This facility enables you to view TD Payout Instructions specified while creating TD.
- Loan Account Details: This facility enables you to view loan account details.
- Loan Account Activity: This facility enables you to see the transactions carried out in the loan account since loan disbursement. You can view the statement for a current period, or a period specified by him/her.
- Loan Repayment: This facility enables you to make payemnt for a loan account.
- Loan Settlement: This facility enables to close your loan acccount by paying the full settlement amount.
How can I view and print account statements?
- Forex Rates Inquiry: You can obtain indicative exchange rates from the bank of a particular currency against the local currency.
- Interest Rates Inquiry: You can view this section to inquire about current interest rate for current and savings accounts and term deposit accounts.
- Change Password: This option allows you to change the login password or the transaction password/transaction PIN (if transaction password is enabled). The screen also displays the conditions to be met while selecting a new password/PIN.
- Change Secret Question/Answer: You can change your choice of three secret question/answer set anytime by selecting this option.
- Mailbox: The Internet banking system provides an electronic mailing facility whereby you can exchange messages with the bank. To send or receive messages, click Mailbox under Services in the menu. The Inbox section is displayed by default on the messages page.
- Session Summary Report: This report lists the functions that you have accessed during a session along with the date and time of access. This report can be accessed at the time of logging out as also during a session.
- Bulletins: The Bulletins facility enables you to see the messages broadcasted by the bank. You can view the posted messages but cannot post any messages yourself.
How do I transfer money from my account to other NBC accounts?
Click Account activity, then select the period of the statement you want to view this can be by either selecting the default period present or by putting the specified period as you wish, then click GO
You may opt to view it by PDF and print it or you may view by EXCEL and use through other accounting issues.
How do I transfer funds from my account to non NBC bank accounts?
Please follow the below instructions Click Payment and Transfer
- At left click Transfer to NBC Tanzanian customer
- Select new beneficiary and fill in the destination details.
- Click transfer
- Confirm the name and account
- Put the Transaction PIN only once.
- You will then receive the transfer receipt and balance after transferring that amount of money
Currently there is no option allowing you to transfer fund to other users apart from NBC customers. But as soon as that facility will be activated you will all be notified to start using multi banking transactions online.
When I click the padlock icon in the internet browser address bar I receieve the following message "This certificate has failed to verify for all of its intended purposes."?
What should I do when I receive an error message "invalid user id/ password"? Or user authenification failed?
The connection is secure. Microsoft has the following comments about the error
This can occur if Internet explorer interprets a specific object ID in the contents of some Server Gated cryptography (SCG) certificates.
This affects only the user interface; Internet explorer still communicates using the secure connection. If you click the certificate Path tab in the dialog box, you will see the message."This certificate is "OK" in the Certificate Status box.
For more information visit the Microsoft or VeriSign sites:
What should I do when I receive an error message user authentication failed account locked?
Make sure the username and password are correct. If you receive this message three times your account will automatically be locked for security reasons. For further assistance e-mail email@example.com.
What do I do if my PIN is locked?
Your account has been locked for security reasons. For further assistance e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't remember my login password, transaction password and secret question what do I do?
There is no option to unlock the transaction pin for security reasons. For further assistance visit your nearest branch and request a password reset. Remember to specify a transaction pin reset on the form they provide.
The session terminated while answering secret question. What can I do?
Refer to "What do I do if I forget my username and password?" in the Security section of this FAQ.
Is there a limit to the amount of money I can transfer in a day?
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer version 6 or above. E-mail email@example.com if the problem persists.
How do I change my daily transaction limit?
There is no funds transfer limit for internet banking retail users.
Using Internet banking with IE 9 and above
Visit your nearest branch for more assistance.